Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Day 28- Because...

Monday as I picked up Cora from preschool, I heard her teacher begin the song to excuse her from class for the day, "Cora was here today, Cora was here today, I'm so happy that Cora was here today."  Cora ran up and gave a high-five to her teacher, lingering next to her as the next child was sung out of class.  The little boy gave a high-five to their teacher, then paused for a second and gave Cora a big hug.

His mom was standing next to me. She smiled and asked if it was Cora's birthday. Usually on the kids' birthday celebration days at school, the honored child gets to choose to give high-fives or hugs to the others as they leave class that day. I told her that it wasn't Cora's birthday, then we said our goodbyes.

Today during pick-up, Cora's classmate's mom approached me and told me that she asked her son why he gave Cora a hug at the end of the day.  She told me he looked at her matter-of-factly and said, "Because I love her."

Seriously. So sweet.  Little moments like these definitely show me that this is the right place for my girl. There may be missteps every once in a while, but Cora is definitely building a community for herself.  And that makes me happy, indeed.

1 comment:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!