Thursday, May 23, 2013

Gloomy

The rain has hit again after being teased by a couple weeks of blue skies and trips to the park.  Escaping the winters when Cora refuses to go outside and escaping the house after being sick for what felt like so long was bliss.

But with the return of the rain has come the return of the crud.  I don't know what is going on with us this year.  A month ago Cora was just out of the hospital and still recovering from pneumonia when I was hit hard.  Since her recovery she is on her 2nd cold... in less than a month.  The girl that I once thought had a great immune system is taking some big hits this spring.

At least these colds have been fairly mild, but they've still kept us cooped in at home.  And I am once again sick, for the second time in less than a month.

So my desire to write, to express, to do anything with much joie de vivre has been suffering.  I want to have things to say.  I want to spend time with friends. I want to have energy and to get out there and have some fun.

But we are once again sitting in our little house with the heat on, watching the rain hit the windows, thinking of all the fun things we could go do if only we weren't contagious.

To lift my spirits a little, perhaps I need  a glimpse of my girly on the beach again, lips ringed in sand and Veggie Stix...


Ah, there... that is helping.  A little.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you both feel better soon! Hoping for no rain, sunny days, and a healthy mom and daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happens to us too... those damm colds....I tried so many supplements (antioxidants, ginko, selenium etc) over the years and recently just began increasing my daughters vit c intake (powder form in juice) and magnesium powder, and I must say I think its working....such a drag to be sick for so long, I empathise! !Also the probiotic powder, good for after the antibiotics. Hang in there, try and enjoy the rain on the window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon you too! You've been sick for too long!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!