Thursday, May 10, 2012

Date Night With The Fam

Today I realized that it is the two-year anniversary of the day Cora came to be.  Not that I'm all about celebrating her conception day as my own deal... that's kind of weird, isn't it? 

But two years ago today, two cells came together to start the process that resulted in my lovely little silly little spectacular extra-chromosomed girl.  Two years that she has been in existence.  It all started the day after Mother's Day... rather serendipitous, if you ask me.

To me that seems like a kind of big deal.  A day to be happy.

We were lucky to have a bright, blue sunny Portland day.  And then for dinner we took ourselves out for a lovely date of great pizza (yes, Cora loved it too), a little beer, and some fun live kid's music.  Then for dessert we went for gourmet ice cream.  Some caramel salted dark chocolate kind of gourmet goodness.  Yes, Cora loved that too.

Now my girlie is tucked up in bed, lightly snoring for hopefully a good number of uninterrupted hours.  I will even keep my fingers crossed that she sleeps in until the late hour of 6:00 a.m.  A girl can dream, can't she?

 

Happy day!

4 comments:

  1. I think it's neat that the beginning of your beautiful little girl was right after Mothers Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben's been around for 2 years now too! Who would have thought that two years ago we would have a child with Ds who needed open heart surgery and would be blogging about it? Not me, but I'm enjoying every minute with my little guy. And you know I enjoy reading all about Cora:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very happy day! I'm glad you're here, Cora!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!