Monday, March 12, 2012

Raining Cats and Dogs

Today it is rainy and it is cold.  I keep seeing other blogs that show families frolicking in the sun, playing in the grass, even out in swimsuits. 

Not us.  We are stuck inside.  What's more, I don't have a car today, so a trip to the library story time and even the grocery store is out.

So I thought I'd give Cora the chance to make a mess and create a masterpiece.


Perhaps I'm biased, but I think she's quite the artiste.


Plus she looks great in blue.



And red.


Why, just look at the fruits of her labor!



See, she's proud!



But an easy clean-up it was not.  I approached her with a baby wipe or two and quickly realized that was laughable.  So I had to grab her from behind and plop her in the tub.  You may wonder why her bathtub is a catering bus tub.  Well, let's just say it comes in pretty handy with a child who seems to like to go #2 only in the bathtub.  Ahem.  Makes for easier clean-up.  And it gives her practice sitting up in the water.  Fancy baby gear from Cash and Carry.

Luckily Cora is quite washable.


But Melissa and Doug's washable finger paints did NOT remove well from the high chair tray. 

Guess I'll keep scrubbing.

9 comments:

  1. Looks like she had a ball! She definitely looks like she has bounced back. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I've been dying to try this, but haven't gotten the guts due to the mess factor. And how did you keep her from eating it??? Kennedy would have had it all in her mouth within seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cora looks beautiful no matter the color. :) But I'm with Jennifer ... I know Miss K would have a blast, but the mess! ;) And, yes, like Kennedy, she would eat it all too. LOL I wonder if there's a way to make edible finger paints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I think we are due up for your rainy weather in a few days ... it was nice and warm here but the forecast is calling for much of what you have right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, great idea with the bus tray, with I would have thought of that one years ago!! Looks like Cora had a blast painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My younger sister, Julie (who has DS and is now 43) used to have the exact same "bathtub/bathroom" habit. Too bad my Mom didn't think of the bus bucket - it would have saved a lot of EWWWWWW time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you were a (messy) budding artiste, I spread newspaper on the paint surface so it could be rolled up and tossed for easy cleanup. Just attach it with masking tape. Painting is just too much fun to avoid due to the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, love the artwork! Cora looks so good too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me!